Happiness is not ready made. It comes from our own actions. – Dalai Lama
Imagine this: Constant happiness. Never ever feeling sad about anything or ever sinking into the dark abyss of hopelessness and despair. Imagine always walking through life hearing nothing but the sounds of the birds constantly singing or always seeing life in vibrant living colours and never black & white. Sounds good, doesn’t it? What if happiness is more than just a feeling though? Have you ever considered that maybe happiness is a choice? What if happiness is not just about the absence of sadness but rather how we respond to it?
A 92-year-old moved into a nursing home today. She was well-fashioned, well-poised and proud. However, she was also blind. Her husband of 70 years passed away recently, necessitating lady’s move. As she walked to her new nursing home room, I described her surroundings. “I love it,” she said, as enthusiastic as a small child on Christmas morning. “We have not reached the room yet,” I said. “That does not matter,” she said. “Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not does not depend on the furniture’s arrangement. It is all about how I arrange my mind. I have already decided to love it. It’s a decision I make every morning. I figure I can either spend the day moping about my life, or I can get up and be thankful for what I still have. Each day is a gift. As long as I know that, I will be happy.”
Happiness is a choice. It is not just a feeling but a choice we can make every single day. If I can choose to be happy, if I can start every day not with thoughts of “oh, how tired I am”, but with thoughts of “today will be a great day” then the day will be, regardless of what comes your way. This is not to say that bad things will not happen but that you will decide to respond to them with happiness and positivity and refuse to let them capsize your boat. This is the key to happiness. Try it.
The legend of Narcissus, a youth who knelt daily beside a lake to contemplate his own beauty. He was so fascinated by himself that, one morning, he fell into the lake and drowned. At the spot where he fell, a flower was born, which was called the narcissus.
When Narcissus died, the goddesses of the forest appeared and found the lake, which had been fresh water, transformed into a lake of salty tears.
“Why do you weep?” the goddesses asked.
“I weep for Narcissus,” the lake replied.
“Ah, it is no surprise that you weep for Narcissus,” they said, “for though we always pursued him in the forest, you alone could contemplate his beauty close at hand.”
“But…. was Narcissus beautiful?” the lake asked.
“Who better than you to know that?” the goddesses said in wonder. “After all, it was by your banks that he knelt each day to contemplate himself!”
“The lake was silent for some time. Finally, it said: “I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that he was beautiful. I weep because each time knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected.”
1. “When it feels like nothing is going your way, when it seems that your path is being blocked by outside forces, at work, in your relationships or even with everyday problems. What is your typical reaction? Do you move towards feelings of “Uhh, why me?? Or do you pause and think about: What is my life trying to tell me right now? How you respond to the difficult things that happen to you, can mean the difference between a life of anger or joy, between despair and hope.
Eckhart Tolle says “Life is an adventure; it is not a package tour. If you are dissatisfied in the unsettled state, you can’t hear the guiding messages.”
Many people are feeling a sense of disruption and discord in our world today. And I know many of you are experiencing unease. You may feel on edge or you may even feel your sense of hope is faltering. Try to change your perspective of the situation. Move away from feeling overwhelmed to feeling a sense of strength and hope. Make hope your power source. Because hope is always available. Anything can be a miracle, blessing, and opportunity if you choose to see it that way.
Continue reading Choose Hope Over Dispair
So many of us just pass through the life without noticing how much we have, how blessed and lucky we all are. Did you know that 153,000 of people do not wake up in the morning? They are gone, that is it. Nothing can be changed or done about it. But you are alive. You can breathe, you can see, walk, feel and so many other things. Don’t you see how fortunate you are? Find something to be positive and grateful about. Start your day with gratitude. See, it is not happiness that makes us grateful. It is gratitude that makes us happy.
1. ” Do not take a single moment of your life for granted. At this very moment, somebody is taking their last breath and would give anything for a few more moments on this earth.
You have so many blessings. Think about them right now. Feel how blessed you are. Acknowledge how blessed you are. Shout it out. “I am blessed, I am blessed! Thank you for all my blessings.” Continue reading FEEL, SEE AND ACKNOWLEDGE HOW BLESSED YOU ARE!
One thing that we all have in common is the search for happiness.
“The happiest people do not have the best of everything, they make the best of everything. The happiest people do not always have the greatest financial wealth, they always have the greatest spiritual wealth. The happiest people do not always live in the best suburbs, they always live in the best states. Happiness is a Mindset. Happiness is something we all can have. Because real happiness is never found outside of us. It’s not found in our processions or wealth. Happiness is always and only found within us. It is a state of mind. They say happiness is the highest level of success and that could not be more true.
Everything we do is because we want to be happy. The chasing of financial wealth is only because we think we would be happier and more people will love us, if we had the significance of being wealthy. The chasing of relationship is only because we think we would be happier. If we had the ideal partner. Sure. There is nothing wrong with these things. But nothing can compare to genuine happiness. Nothing can compare to inner peace you feel when you need nothing.
Continue reading How To Constantly Feel Happy
Oprah Winfrey is one of the most influential woman in the world. She was raised by her grandmother, having nothing. But that did not stop her from turning her greatest weaknesses into her greatest strengths.
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.”
This is the only way to grow and learn.
- “You can have it all. Just not all at once.”
– We all want to have it all at once. Million dollars, luxury car, expensive house and other things. I believe that it is not about the final thing that you wanted but about the journey you go through, about growth, lessons and experiences. We would have got bored and exhausted if we just got it all at once.
- “Do not worry about being successful but work forward being significant and the success will naturally flow.
– I have always been looking for ways to get rich and be successful but the truth is: it is not about money and fame, it is about serving, being significant and helping others.
- “Be thankful for what you have: you will end up having more. If you concentrate on what you do not have, you will never, never have enough.”
– I am blessed with everything I need. I am working towards everything I want. And most of all I appreciate and thank God for what I have.
- “Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire.”
– Try, fall, get up, practice and try again.
Continue reading 20 Powerful Oprah Winfrey Quotes That Will Help You Grow